Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, today reaffirmed that there is no fresh case of the Ebola in the country.
The minister at a press conference on the update of the virus in Nigeria said there was no any iota of truth in the latest rumor of fresh cases in some parts of the country.
He noted that outside the cases in Lagos and Rivers States, no other fresh incidence of Ebola had been reported.
So far seven people have died from the Ebola, including Mr. Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American who imported the virus into the country,
The minister said another patient was discharged on Sunday. The patient, according to him is the sister of the Port Harcourt doctor, Iyke Enemuo.
He also said ambulances, motorcycles and other medical equipments have been distributed in Port Health, to work at the borders and ports.
Prof. Chukwu, who warned against stigmatization of patients, assured Nigerians and the rests of the world that the country’s medical team now has the expertise to manage the virus compared to when it first came into the country.
